FWP Schedules Public Meetings on Hunting Seasons and Rules
By Matt Schauer
— Eight public meetings are scheduled in south central and eastern Montana during January to talk about Montana’s hunting seasons and regulations for the next two years.
During the meetings, people will have an opportunity to hear about – and comment on – proposed changes to Montana hunting seasons for 2012 and 2013.
Tentative regulations and dates for all seasons were published by Montana’s Fish, Wildlife and Parks commission this month. The commission will take into consideration public comments gathered from the meetings, letters, emails and online, then make a final decision in the spring.
Public meetings are set for:
- Red Lodge, 7 p.m. Tuesday Jan. 10 at the middle school cafeteria.
- Miles City, 7 p.m. Tuesday Jan. 10 at Miles City Community College, Room 106.
- Big Timber, 7 p.m. Wednesday Jan. 11 at the high school cafeteria
- Glendive, 7 p.m. Wednesday Jan 11 at the Dawson Community College, Ullman Center Room 102.
- Harlowton, 7 p.m. Thursday Jan. 12 at the Kiwanis Youth Center
- Columbus, 7 p.m. Monday Jan. 16 at the high school cafeteria
- Billings, 7 p.m. Tuesday Jan 17 at the Holiday Inn Grand
- Roundup, 7 p.m. Wednesday Jan. 18 at the high school, room 5A
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks wildlife biologists and game managers will be available at all meetings to make brief presentations, answer questions and listen to comments.