North Central and Western Montana Fishing Report
Chancy at Snappy’s Reports on North Central and West Montana
Chancy at Snappy’s in Kalispell says warm weather has most the lakes open now.
- Whitefish Lake been fishing pretty good for macks in about 160 ft of water, but nothing on the pike yet.
- Reports that middle Thompson is open but lower Thompson still half froze.
- Koocanusa has been doing well for kokanee, and they same to be a little bit bigger this year.
- The main stem of Flathead River has been doing well.
- Echo Lake been getting a few bass & whitefish in the main lake.
- Smith Lake few guys been out catching pike.
For up-to-date reports stop in at Snappy’s or visit their website www.snappysportsenter.com
Leonard from Townsend Reports the Following:
- Leonard says the river is producing good fish down by Morony Dam for sturgeon.
- Holter is fishing good for trout.
- Willow Creek & Nilan are doing well producing on egg sacks, marshmallows, and night crawlers.
- There’s been no report on Bynum.
- Crank bait on Lake Francis.
- Tiber Dam is doing well with minnows on northerns and some walleye.
- Fresno doing well with jigs and dead minos.
If you have any questions for Leonard call 406-454-1877