This is a great recipe I use when I have guests that “think” they do not like venison. By marinading the steak in thin strips it will turn out very tender as well as take on a great flavor. Give it a try and feel free to add your own variations to this recipe. From time to time I like to add rice, beans or corn to this combination.
- 1/4 cup Yoshida’s or Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce “Baby Ray’s”
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds venison or elk flank steak, cut into thin strips across the grain
- 1 medium green pepper,
- 1 medium sweet red pepper,
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and salsa or hot sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard most of the marinade marinade. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining marinade until tender; remove and set aside. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry meat for 3-5 minutes on medium to low heat or until slightly pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon over tortillas; top with cheese, sour cream and salsa; fold in sides. Yield: 4 servings.
Created by Kjel Olson of the MORS Team