This recipe is a guest favorite. It is easy to make and can make a great lunch or dinner. By marinating the steak in thin strips and cooking on low heat they will turn out very tender as well as take on a great flavor. Give it a try and feel free to add your own variations to this recipe.
- 2 cups presliced onion
- 2 cups green bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound top round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) hoagie rolls with sesame seeds
Marinade for Steak
- 1/4 cup Yoshida’s or Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce “Baby Ray’s”
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add your favorite marinade/sauce ingredient for your own variation….. Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, A1…
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients. Add already cut thin meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Drain and discard 1/2 of the marinade marinade. In a large skillet, saute peppers, mushrooms, and onion in the remaining marinade until tender; turn heat to medium/low and slowly cook the meat. There should be enough marinade to coat all the meat while cooking. When meat is tender and cooked remove from heat and drain the remaining liquid out of the pan.
3. If you prefer a toasted sandwich lightly butter the roll, garnish with cheese and lightly toast in the oven under broil.
4. Add the sandwich mix to each roll, garnish with the cheese, serve and enjoy.
This Recipe was created and provided by Kjel Olson: MORS crew