Dry Fly Fishing Tip Video of the Week
Now is the time in Montana to get out your dry flies before the rivers heat up too much. Here is a great video that has some good tips on how to get the fish biting and get that big catch!
[youtube id=”hXq9ECD-MI0″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
Here is an outline of the tips listed in the video for a quick glance:
- Have the right equipment (three-weight rod with a two-weight line).
- Don’t cast a straight line (it causes drag) unless caddis and mayfly large hatches are present- in which drag will cause fish to strike!
- Cast the line at eye level, lean the rod to use the open space above the stream for the back cast.
- Haul with the line hand to generate speed for accuracy.
- Cover rising fish as quickly as possible.
- Always cast the fly upstream of the visible rise-form.
- Use a good fly pattern.
- Respect the fish!- always use wet hands when handling them.
- Fish catch and release when possible.
Good luck and enjoy this hot Montana weather!