Bare Hunting – What Not To Wear
So, I’m one of those ladies who likes to smell fresh. I am sure there are plenty of you out there who are in the same boat. Where am I going with this? Well, over a dinner conversation this evening it was brought to the table “Most women may not know to not style their hair or put on their purfume on the day of a hunt”.
Ladies let me tell you something ‘The boys will be more impressed with the kill not your coiffure’. The scent of any of your grooming products will surely scare off your prey, and your bragging rights.
Here are your ‘Hunting No-No’s’
- leave-in conditioners
- lip gloss
- most make-up
- dryer sheets and freshly laundered clothing
What We Recommend
- A thorough rinse off in the shower if needed but only warm water.
- Remember unscented is still scented to animals.
- Shave a day or two before the hunt – you never know what scent shaving cream would leave behind.
- Leave behind any scented snacks or drinks – stick to water and only water.
- Do not wear your hunting clothes while you are eating.
Lets just end it with “I recommend getting a little dirty before heading out in those woods”. I mean smelling like animal piss is actually a good thing.