Youth ONLY Montana Waterfowl Hunt Opens Today and Tomorrow
While adults still have to wait until September 29th when Montana’s general waterfowl hunting season opens, hunters ages 12 through 15 can go out and hunt today and tomorrow!
They will have Montana’s waterfowl all to themselves! This special Montana waterfowl hunt is a perfect opportunity for young ones to get excited for the hunting season and for hunting in general.
What can they hunt?
- coots mergansers
- ring-necked pheasants
What else do you need to know?
- hunters must be legally licensed
- they must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age
- adults may not shot but can assist with decoys, calling and retrieving
- regulations that apply to regular waterfowl season apply
- shooting hours at the Canyon Ferry Wildlife Management Area near Helena will extend shooting hours from one half hour before sunrise to noon both today and tomorrow.
- a new regulation, properly licensed young’uns who reach the age of 12 by January 16, 2013 who have pass hunters education may also participate in this hunt!