Ice Fishing 101: Tips To Get The Season Started Right
By Matt Schauer
Ice Fishing 101 is being held at North Middle Schol on Friday, November 29, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
Please bring a canned food item for the food drive.
This is basically the same class that has went on for several year at North. The class is sponsored by Great Falls Walleyes Unlimited, Scheels and Big R. Ice fishing 101 is a class that goes over everything from basics to new technology in ice fishing also encompasses the opportunities in the area for ice fishing.
The Covered Sections
- Basics in Ice fishing Gear: Not the newest or greatest but the essentials to any ice fishing trip By Alex Ferguson.
- Ice Fishing scents for Trout and Perch fishing by the Ice fishing Guru Jack Emard
- The difference in regulations for Ice Fishing vs. Open Water fishing by MFWP’s Wardens
- How to plan an Ice fishing trip use a computer by MFWP Laura Doughty & Bruce Auchly
- No such thing as Safe Ice, Minimize the Risk by Pat Volkmar
- There will also be displays by Big R and Scheels of some of the newest gear out there.
Once you arrive at North Middle School, make your way to room 307 ( park on the bus loop and come in back door of the Shop). There will also be signs on the doors.
If you have any questions contact, Pat Volkmar at 1-406-268-6569