What You Need
- 2lbs. bear stew meat- cut into chunks
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 large carrots cut into chunks
- 5 celery stalks cut into chunks
- 3 large potatoes-peeled and chunked
- 1 pkg. frozen or canned corn
- 1 pkg. frozen peas (do not use canned peas)
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 cup flour – for coating bear meat
- 2 bay leaves – remove from stew before serving
- 1 large onion – chopped
- quarter cup olive or canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
What You Do
Pour oil into Dutch oven or other large pot. Add the floured bear meat and onions and garlic. Stir while browning so meat doesn’t stick.
After browning add the beef broth and all the other ingredients except for the peas (add them fifteen minutes before stew is done). Simmer for 60 to 90 minutes, stiring to make sure the stew doesn’t stick to the bottom of pan.
If needed add more beef broth or stock. The stew should be thick and juicy and meat is tender when done.