Turkey Meatloaf — Better than Beef?
Turkey season is just over one week away in Montana, and it’s time to start thinking about ideas for consuming your prize tom. How about some turkey meat loaf? I have actually had this before, and W O W. It is quite simple to make and quite DELICIOUS to eat!
For all you bacon lovers, make it even better by wrapping it in bacon.
Try this phenomenal recipe from food.com with beef one week, then with your turkey the next week:
2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
1 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
3/4 cup catsup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
- Press meatloaf into an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- Spread remaining catsup on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.) Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-meatloaf-54752?oc=linkback