You can hunt coyotes year-round in Montana, and a lot of people are prepared for when one…or more…crosses their path. If you are an “eat what you kill” type of person, and you end up killing a coyote, then this recipe is for you! I am not really sure what to think of this, but if anybody does try it, please let us know. I’m curious to know how you think it tastes.
And if the following recipe doesn’t work out so well for your tastebuds, you can always turn your Hamburger Helper into Coyote Helper…
Cajun Coyote Recipe
* 2 cups vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
* 2 tablespoons dried Italian-style seasoning
* 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
* garlic powder to taste
* 2lbs of fresh thawed coyote meat – pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1. In a large shallow dish, mix the oil, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Place the coyote meat in the dish, and turn to coat with the mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
2. Preheat the grill for high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Drain coyote, and discard marinade. Place coyote on hot grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
(Recipe via ifish.net; Cover photo: weekofmenus.blogspot.com)