The National Park Service turns 97 years old on Aug. 25, and to celebrate admission to all national parks will be free.
An online hub can help visitors plan their personal National Park Service birthday trip at www.npsbirthday.org. Log on to share pictures and stories about your visit to a National Park.
Here are other fee-free days during the year:
- January 21 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- April 22-26 (National Park Week)
- August 25 (97th Birthday of the National Park Service)
- September 28 (Public Lands Day)
- November 9-11 (Veteran’s Day Weekend)