Hear the latest hunting and fishing news around the state of Montana, from the Montana Outdoor Radio Show.
September 14th Summaries
– Bill Brown at Bob Wards says the Bitterroot River is open all the way now and early morning late afternoon’s are best. In Missoula Bob says deer and elk season is on.
– Bill from Rock Creek Marina says the fishing’s been good with lots of Northerns and walleyes.
– Brett French Outdoor editor of the Billings Gazette talks about the effects of the past weeks rainfall for the Billings area.
– Chancy at Snappy’s says the fishing’s been good at IslandLake on perch. The Lower Flatheadbelow Kerr Dam did well on smallmouth, and did well on rainbows and browns
– Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says there’s some good action on Spring Creek.
– Gene Moore reported on 14 to 18 lbs salmon
– John Harris from Lakeside Resort says folks catching pike on the service and the perch are picking up on Noxon Rapids Reservoir.
– Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says Holter is catching a little walleyes and some nice perch.
– Rob at Ronan Sports and Western says JockoRiver is fishing very well
Robert from Malta Marine says fishing on Nelson is still a little, but the deep you go the better it is.
– Ron Aashiem of Montana FWP with archery season open, but there haven’t been a lot of reports just yet. For more information go to fwp.mt.gov.
– Ryan from Bob Wards in Bozeman says the Upper Madison is still best in the mornings, In Helena Ryan says beware of river closures due to drought for the area. And the Mighty Mo is producing with hoppers.
– Shawn Plakke gives us his hunting tip of the week.
– Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says Clark Canyon Reservoir is fishing really well
– Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says kokannee snagging is on.
– Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says the lakes are low, but the rivers are where’s it’s at.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/10392402″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Having a hard time hearing the audio? Click here.