Hear the hunting and fishing audio reports from around the state, from the latest edition of the Montana Outdoor Radio Show.
October 5th Summaries
– Bill Brown at Bob Wards says dress for the colder weather as you get geared up of rifle season, and fishing couldn’t be better now that the weather is getting cooler.
– Brett French Outdoor editor of the Billings Gazette talks about some of the impacts of the Government Shut down.
– Chancy at Snappy’s says been good reports on Van Lake for trout trolling with cowbells and wedding rings.
– Cindy with Fall Mack Days reports on the $125,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs through November 17th.
– Clint Thomas of Hell Creek Marina talks about the new Smallmouth Bass state record.
– Jay Johnson shares his Gooseblind report for the season.
– John Harris from Lakeside Resort says Noxon Rapids Reservoir looks good with this cooler weather.
– Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says area elk hunting is still doing well, for more information or to schedule a hunt call 406-557-2503.
– Matt from Mo Fisch says it’s a great time of year for hunting and fishing. The Lake’s are on their pre-spawn mode so take advantage of that with spoons in 40-80 ft of water.
Robert from Malta Marine says fishing on Nelson is picking up.
– Ron Aashiem of Montana FWP reminds us of up coming hunting seasons and area restrictions. For more information go to fwp.mt.gov.
– Ryan from Bob Wards in Bozeman says the snow is moving lower and lower in the elevations so be prepared. River fishing is the same in the Bozeman and Helena areas, fly fishing with cadas and hoppers is successful right now, and the Mighty Mo is producing.
– Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing’s looks to be great on Canyon Ferry Reservoir and for more info call 406-266-3100.
– Shawn Plakke has this week’s Elk Hunting Tip of the Week.
– Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says with antelope season opening up next week and archery season been in effect it’s looking like an interesting start to the rifle season now that there’s a lot of snow up in the hills.
– Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says its been quite in the area, the weather has been nice, and is starting to cool off so the elk should start moving.
– Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says water water everywhere and river fishing is doing well.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/11625815″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]