Jalapeno Venison Burger Recipe
If you like things spicy, then this is the venison burger you want to try! When I make this, I am going to include jalapeno cheddar cheese and some spicy mayo. It is difficult for me to find recipes that are hot enough, so I’m looking forward to testing this out for sure…and I just got word from the meat processor that my meat is ready for pick-up…great timing!
Tom’s Venison Jalapeno Burger Recipe
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped (near minced)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (near minced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon Frank’s red hot sauce or 1/8 Tabasco sauce
- Jalapeno cheddar cheese slices, bacon, mushrooms, etc
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together.
- Form pieces into medium sized balls then place on cutting board and press into patties (makes about 6 to 8).
- Place on grill or put into foil and place packets onto hot coals in a campfire or cook anyway you like to make burgers. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or to your liking.
- Garnish burgers with your favorite toppings like bacon, jalapeno cheese, mushrooms or whatever you prefer and enjoy.
(Recipe via food.com; Cover photo: fieldandstream.com)