On Monday April 21th EMS/NMS Hooked on Fishing not Drugs went out fishing at Baileys Pond . We picked the best day of the break with the sun shining and good food, great parents and awesome middle school students attending. The only problem our stock of fish were uncooperative. The club caught 5 Northern pike and one walleye.
As always we have to thank those who make this possible:
- Jim Ballard our chef and for donation of items for lunch
- Alex Ferguson for bringing his mobile classroom
- Bill Caffyn our forever bus driver
- Jack Emand for help with the kids
- Jenn Volkmar for taking the extra time needed to make sure all students had a successful day
- A special thanks to the parents who show up and attend being great role models of our young outdoor enthusiasts.
Next month’s fishing trip will be May 17th for the opening weekend of creek season. Normally we go to Upper Highwood Creek but if someone has a location that we can take kids and catch some brook trout let us know.
Jenn and Pat Volkmar