It is time to come out of hibernation this week around Montana. We have so much to look forward to with black bear and turkey seasons under way, and Paddlefish on the Upper Missouri opening this week, its time to get outdoors!! Whether you like to hike, hunt, fish, or just lounge on the patio, now is the time to enjoy Spring in Montana.
Speaking of fishing, we have your April 26th Fishing Report Summaries Right HERE:
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says Brown’s Lake is fishing very well. The West and North Sides are closed.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says most fishing has been pretty decent rainbows in the 12-18 inch range. Little McGregor has had reports of folks fly fishing.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says Ackley Lake is doing well.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says the ice is gone from Tiber dam.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says walleye’s are hitting right now, and bass are doing tremendous, Northern Pike and Perch are doing well.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says they’re picking up a few smaller walleyes.
- Holter Dam is all open and below the dam and doing better.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says the rain has been warming this back ice to finish melting off Ft Peck. To book your Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in Bozeman & Butte areas use dry flies and stick to the rivers. In Helena Canyon Ferry Lake is low, but if you head out to the North end of the bay you will do better.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says FWP has netted over over 400 walleye Canyon Ferry Reservoir and are predicting a great year for walleye. For more info call 406-266-3100.
If you have been busy exploring Montana outdoors and missed our top stories, don’t worry we have links for you right here:
Photography at its Finest Part 1…see photos here.
Photography at its Finest Part 2… see photos here.
This Little “Honey Hole” has Big Surprise for Angler…see video here.
Mystery Angler Catches & Releases MONSTER Brown Trout on Missouri River…see photo here.
Poacher Sentenced Jail Time and Huge Fine…see how much here
This weeks Montana Outdoor Radio Show winners:
Congratulations to this week’s trivia winners Jim Andrusky of Victor, MT and Carlin Lukas of Sygnic, OH. Keep listening for your chance to win just like Jim Russell of Florence, Montana. He was our Montana gift card winner this week!