Montana Outdoor’s Top Stories of the Week:
- Montana Rattlesnake Den Up Close…Maybe Too Close for Comfort…see the video here.
- CSKT, FWP Issue Lake Trout Consumption Guidelines for Flathead Lake…read more here.
- Doesn’t Anybody Work Anymore? Captain had Great Success on Flathead Lake’s East Bay…read about it here.
- Good Ol Montana Bass Fishing…read where here.
- Tongue River is Full of Crappie…full report here.
THIS WEEK’S FISHING SUMMARIES:
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says area fishing is doing very well. The Clark Fork is a bit off color, the Bitterroot is still fairly clear up around the Darby area, but Browns Lake is still frozen over and not safe. In Hamilton, fishing the Bitterroot River skwalas are starting to crawl around on the rocks and doing well.
- Bill from the Rock Creek Marina, Fort Peck says their is a little less ice on the lake.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says most of area lakes are opened up, and folks are fishing Echo Lake already picking up small mouth bass, rainbows, and kokanee.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says fishing the area ponds is producing, and there is a soft bite on the Missouri for walleye, sauger, and catfish.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says the river below Tiber dam is fair and few guys been fishing around the edges of the lake, and by Easter weekend the Lake should be opened up.
- Joe Herbold from Jordan says Hellcreek Bay on Ft Peck is open water.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says shore fishing has been picking up.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says Holter is all open.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says area warmth is helping the ice to finish melting off Ft Peck. To book your Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Rob from Ronan Sports & Western says Yellow Perch are starting to bite in the East Bay of Flathead Lake.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman & Butte areas the Upper Madison is still hit or miss so use nymphs, but on the warmer days switch it up to dry flies, midges, and a smaller stone fly. In Helena Canyon Ferry Lake is taking off, and the trout are spawning.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says the fishing is picking up folks are starting to catch kokanee on Lake Koocanusa.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says White Sulpher Springs area rivers are still doing well. For more information or to learn more about getting into the tackle industry call Rudy’s at 406-266-3841.
Radio Show Winners
Congratulations to our trivia winners Stacy Corder of Ft Benton, MT and Jason Kowalski of Florence, MT! Keep listening for your chance to win, just like James Semans of Butte, MT who was this weeks Montana Club gift card winner.
If you missed last weeks show, catch up with the Captain and Crew right here.