Ski season has been wrapping up around Montana this week, and signs of spring are everywhere! If you have been too busy out fishing or skiing, don’t worry, we have fishing reports, and links to the best stories from around MontanaOutdoor.com right here:
Top 11 Reasons Missoula is the Best City in Montana…see them here.
How NOT to Field Dress an Animal…see video here.
Wolf Attacks and Drags Off Domestic Dog in Broad Daylight…see details here.
Here are this weeks fishing reports from around Montana:
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says area fishing is still doing well, but Georgetown is closed. Browns Lake there is still ice, upcoming warm temperatures will make it unsafe very soon. In Hamilton, fishing the Bitterroot River skwalas are starting to crawl around on the rocks and doing well.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says they are finally getting open water and McWinneger Slough is open. Chancy caught a few pike and some croppy in there last week.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says Spring Creek is starting to fish really well.
- Cindy Benson has our Spring Mack Days update. For more information go online to www.mackdays.com
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says Holter has opened up, and folks are putting in anywhere they want, for the most part, catching a lot of trout and the occasional walleye.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says it’s warming up out there as they wait for the ice to finish melting off Ft Peck. To book your Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Rob from Ronan Sports and Western says the Lower Flathead River is producing pike, and brown trout.
- In Helena, the ice on Canyon Ferry Lake has pulled away from the shores so ice fishing has pretty much wrapped up for Canyon Ferry Lake.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing on Canyon Ferry Reservoir in Helena shore fishing is excellent.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says White Sulpher Springs area lakes are not really approachable just yet, but area rivers are doing awesome. For more information or to learn more about getting into the tackle industry call Rudy’s at406-266-3841.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Jonathon Wurz of Galeta, and Eric Corbett of Bonner. Keep listening for your chance to win, just like Leslie Cox of Great Falls who won a Montana Club gift card! Be sure to like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter too @MTOutdoorRadio