Happy Mother’s Day from the MORS crew! Fishing has been hit and miss around the state, be sure to keep checking where the fish are biting on www.montanaoutdoor.com this week. It’s the last week for spring turkey hunting, any unfilled tags are filled this week. If you have been too busy enjoying the outdoors to visit our website, don’t worry, we have links to all the best stories and videos right here!
Top Stories from this week:
Reeling Em In at Holter…see how the Cap did this week here.
Big Buck Comes to Life After Being Shot…see video here.
Canyon Ferry’s Predacious Pike…see Brett French show preview here.
Elk Rescue on Hebgen Lake…check out video here.
Massive Muley Migration…see crazy video here.
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says area lakes are a little blown out right now and Brown’s Lake is doing well for those trolling. He reminds us about The Super Tags are still available until July 3rd.
- Bill at Rock Creek Marina says it’s wet but the wind isn’t blowing too bad so the fishing should be good.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says there’s a little bit going up on the North end of Whitefish Lake.
- Cindy Benson has our Spring Mack Days update from Flathead Lake with 870 fish turned in Friday. For more information go online to www.mackdays.com
- Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says paddle fish are running so come on out for catch and release.
- Jim Westside Sports in Malta says the walleye are starting to hit on Nelson.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says the walleye is still pretty slow on Holter.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says folks been limiting out on Ft Peck when moving around. To book your summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman & Butte area Upper Madison to Ennis is closed a bit longer, and Yellowstone to Hebgen use lightning bugs, baetis, and streamers are working well. In Helena Canyon Ferry lake is still very low and the water is pretty muddy so stick to metallic or bright colored lures.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says the weather’s not the best, but trolling on Clark Canyon has been good for folks.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says the water levels are starting to rise, and area fishing is on the slow side.
- Todd Young from the MT Walleye Governors Cup reports from Glasgow, and reminds us you can register for the Walleye Governor’s Cup Tournament at www.montanagovcup.com to print the form out or call Glasgow Camber of Commerce at 406-228-2222.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says everything’s fishing, the river’s are running high and dirty but are still producing for fly fisherman.
Congratulations to this week’s radio show winners Don Stricker of Billings, and Bill Walter of Wolf Point.