Fishing is heating up around the state of Montana and we couldn’t be more excited to give you current fishing conditions. If you have been out on the lake or river and haven’t had a chance to see all the best stories from this week on Montana Outdoor Radio Show, don’t worry we have them right here:
2014 Fresno Walleye Challenge-Day One Leaders…results here.
Andrew Lance Did it Again!…story here.
Teen Angler Catches a Very Nice 17-Pound Trout…read more here.
Memorial Day Monster: A Fishing Story…here
Here are this weeks fishing summaries:
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says the water’s still looking good in the Hamilton area, in Missoula Brown’s Lake is doing well.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says the Lake Mary Ronan is getting better and better.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says the river below the Dam is really big, and there’s been reports of Northern’s and a few walleye and trout out on the lake.
- Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says Spring Creek is fishing well.
- Lane Thomas of Hell Creek Marina says the walleye are still moving into the area.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle reports from Fresno Reservoir Walleye tournament.
- Linda at Rock Creek Marina says fishing’s picking up & area fisherman are catching walleye, Northern, and bass. There was a 10 ½ lbs pike caught off the dock, and next weekend is the Pike Master Tournament.
- Rob from Ronan Sports and Western says there are some Large Mouth Bass fishing going on at Kicking Horse, and out of the Lower Flathead River now that the water has started to slow up a little bit.
- Ron Aashiem says the moose, sheep and goat drawing is July 16th. To put the demand for specialized hunts in perspective, last year 21,500 people applied for 368 permits for Moose. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says if you can get the boat on the water the fishing is good.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman area the Upper & Lower Madison, Gallatin, and Yellowstone are blown out. In Buttethe water levels are coming down and there has been success out of the Upper Big Hole. In Helena, Canyon Ferry Lake is producing out of the North end.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing on Canyon Ferry Reservoir is good. For more info call 406-266-3100.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says area lake fishing is doing well, and shares a short story about a family of moose.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says if you get way up on the streams the fishing is great, and the lakes around the White Sulfur Springs are doing well.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Bob Pearson of Missoula and Charlene Bunoy of Stevensville. Keep listening for your chance to win just like Dorothy Robinson of Dillon who was this weeks Montana Club gift card winner.