MORS Weekly Wrap Up
Well, it’s official, the first day of summer has come and gone. Montana weather patterns have not let us down, we had a little rain, snow, and sun all in 48 hours! But, we also had some great fishing action, and nice weather for camping. Hopefully you were able to get out and sink a hook! Here are the most current fishing conditions from the past week:
This Week’s Fishing Summaries:
- Adam Strainer FWP Fishing Technician, talks shop from Canyon Ferry Reservoir.
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says it’s looking good this week end and the rivers are starting to clear up. In the Hamilton area, the Upper Bitterroot is doing well.
- Bill from Rock Creek Marina says the fishing in the Dry Arm slowed down with the weather, and now that its started clearing up the fishing should start picking up.
- Brett French Outdoor editor of the Billings Gazette discusses the drop in water levels going on.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says everything is fishing except the rivers with that high water run off going on.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says Spring Creek is a little high and off color, but is doing well.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says the Bass Masters Tournament is on June 7thand 8th.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle believes there’s going to be a good Canyon Ferry tournament.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says Ft Peck has been fishing very well. To book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ron Aashiem reminds us the general fishing season opened this weekend and there are records out there to be beaten this season. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says the folks that went out Friday did well.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says Bozeman area rivers are fast and muddy, and the Hyalite seems to be the ticket. In Helena, Canyon Ferry Lake is producing out of the North end.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing on Canyon Ferry Reservoir is good. For more info call 406-266-3100.
Congratulations to this week’s trivia winners Chris Naugle and Corey Patterson, both of Butte, Montana! Keep listening for your chance to win, just like Montana Club gift card winner Bud Anderberg of Columbia Falls.