We are officially on the downhill slope of summer, the days are getting shorter and shorter so we hope you are taking full advantage of summer in Montana! There have been some great fishing tournaments, and other activities you can join in on from around Montana we reported on, so if you are looking for something to do, keep checking here.
If you have been too busy recreating outside to keep up with Montana Outdoor Radio Show, don’t worry, we have the top stories from this week right here:
Good Monday on Fort Peck…read more here.
Momma Grizzly Bear Charges Drift Boat With Cubs at Her Side…read more here.
Woman Punishes Son For Purchasing Fishing Equipment…read more here.
Fishing Facts Part 1…read more here.
Fishing Facts Part 2….read more here.
June 28th Fishing Summaries
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says the rivers are high but good, mornings are best streamer fishing, it’s looking good this weekend. In the Hamilton area the Bitterroot is doing really well.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says area fishing is doing well. McGregor Lake is producing trout, and Kokanee fishing down by the dam.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says the Missouri River is high & little muddy but it’s producing catfish.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says it’s a good time to hit Tiber Dam for walleye.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says the bass, pike, and perch are starting to liven up.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says Ft Peck has been awesome. To book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Leonard from Roberts Bait and Tackle says the fishing is going well on Canyon Ferry Reservoir.
- Linda at Rock Creek Marina says last week’s Pike Masters Tournament was a great success.
- Rob from Ronan Sports and Western says the Mission Valley area is producing large mouth bass.
- Ron Aashiem reminds us about Super Tag deadline to apply ion July 3rd. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says the folks that went out Friday did well.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman area The Upper Madison is hot. In Helena, Canyon FerryLake is producing out of the North end.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing on Canyon Ferry Reservoir is great, and describes a great lure that is used on bottom bouncers. For more info call 406-266-3100.
- Todd Young from the MT Walleye Governors Cup says there are 86 teams already signed up. For more information call the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce 7 days a week at 406-228-2222.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says area rivers are slow, but the lakes are producing.
Congratulation to this week’s trivia winners Donald Stiers of Billings, and Rick Wiesemann of Hamilton! Keep Listening for your chance to win, just like Bob Burtchett of Havre, who was this weeks Montana Club gift card winner. And be sure to like us on Facebook, we will keep your newsfeed full of all the best hunting and fishing stories.