Camping, fishing, hiking…all our favorite summer activities are in full swing! If you haven’t already pulled out your camping gear, and fishing rod, now is the time. We can direct you to a few of the top campgrounds, and fill you in on some other happenings from around the state in
THIS WEEKS TOP HEADLINES:
Photo Gallery of Severe Storm System…click here.
Mountain Lion Attacks 160 Class Mule Deer…click here.
Top Five Best Campgrounds in Montana…click here.
Update: Grizzly Bear That Attacked Stevensville Hunter is Dead…click here.
FWP Seeks Tips on Wolf Poached in Burnt Fork of Bitterroot…click here.
If you missed the show and want to catch up with the Captain and Crew, just click here.
June 7th Fishing Summaries
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says Browns Lake is doing well. In the Hamilton area the East Fork is high, floatable, the West Fork is doing well also with anything dark in color.
- Bob Park Manager for Tongue River State Park and Rosebud Battlefield says they are receiving a huge influx of water right now and the croppie bite has slowed down, but they can be found in the shallows.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says the fishing is still going pretty well, and the Lower Thompson is doing well.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says there’s a lot of water going over the spillway, and lake is started to turn on.
- Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says area fishing is continuing to improve.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says Lake Francis, Fresno, and Tiber are hot for walleye.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says fishing Ft Peck has been phenomenal. Anyone looking to book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says the boat ramp by the marina is clear and open.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says the water levels on Canyon Ferry Lake is up and the fishing is excellent. For more info call406-266-3100.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says the Big Hole River is starting to produce in the backwashes on Wooly Buggers.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Jason Knight of Fargo, ND and Harry Potton of Stevensville, MT. Keep listening to the show every Saturday morning from 6-8am for your chance to win, just like Darrel Christensen of Missoula, MT who was this weeks Montana Club gift card winner. For a full station listing just click here.