New Weekend Programs On Summer Saturdays!
This summer Montana WILD will offer a series of weekend programs showcasing Montana’s fish, wildlife and outdoor recreational opportunities.
On program Saturdays the exhibit hall will be open for visitors from 10 a.m.–2 p.m., with a special program presented during specified times. Here are the scheduled programs for this summer:
- June 14 – Primitive Tool Making and Skills; Noon–2 p.m. Learn how to make your own arrow heads.
- June 21 – Lions, Wolves and Bears! O My!; 1–2 p.m. Learn about Montana’s predators. Geared for youngsters age 9 and above.
- June 21 – Grizzly Bear Recovery & Bear Awareness; 10:30–11:30 a.m. Learn about Montana’s grizzly bears and how to stay safe in grizzly country. Geared for youngsters age 9 and above.
- July 12 – Amphibian Program; 1–2 p.m. Featuring live amphibians.
- July 26 – Paddle Board Demos; Noon–2 p.m. Provided by The Basecamp
- Aug. 2 – Raptors of Montana; 1–2 p.m. Featuring live birds.
- Aug. 9 – Turtle Program; 1–2 p.m. Featuring live turtles.
The Montana WILD Education Center is located at 2668 Broadwater Ave, next to Spring Meadow Lake State Park off Highway 12 West. For information about these programs call 406-444-9944 or visit fwp.mt.gov. Click “Education,” then click “Montana WILD.”
(Report by Montana FWP)