We hope you had a great 4th of July holiday weekend! Flathead Lake was hopping and had plenty of fishing and recreating going on. I had a chance to check it out from the air. Kerr dam on the Flathead River is still pumping plenty of water through, and further down the Flathead valley it was a full house at the Powwow in Arlee.
Arlee 4th of July Powwow
Here are the top stories from this week:
Speaking for Montana Sportsman at Anti-Hunting and Trapping Event…see story here.
Northern Pike Discovered in Lake Mary Ronan…see story here.
Summer Has Finally Arrived! The Captains Column From This Week…here.
100 Yard Beer Can Archery Shot…see it here.
Here are the summaries from this weeks radio show:
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says mornings are best streamer fishing, it’s looking good this weekend. In the Hamilton area the Bitterroot is doing really well.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says area weather has made for some great fishing.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says Spring Creek is fishing well.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says it’s a good time to hit Tiber Dam.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says the bite is on.
- Joe Herbald reports on the upcoming Montana Governor’s Cup.
- Leonard from Roberts Bait and Tackle says took 5th at the Canyon Ferry Reservoir Tournament.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says Ft Peck has been just great. To book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Rob from Ronan Sports and Western says the Mission Valley area is producing large mouth bass.
- Ron Aashiem says the Super Tag deadline has passed. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman area The Upper Madison is still hot. In Helena, Canyon Ferry Lake is really producing.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says they’ve seen great success on Clark Canyon for going deep.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing on Canyon Ferry Reservoir is great, and describes a great lure that is used on bottom bouncers. For more info call 406-266-3100.
- Todd Young from the MT Walleye Governors Cup says and fishing is on, and the tournament is shaping up to be great. For more information call the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce 7 days a week at 406-228-2222.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says area lakes are producing.
There was a little mishap with the trivia Saturday, but we want to congratulate all the contenders Bryan Fornahl of Missoula, Perry Walsh of Great Falls, and Bob Anderberg of Columbia Falls. Keep listening for your chance to win, just like Cindy Hockenberry of Missoula who was our Montana Club gift card winner!