Weather has been great this week around Montana, ideal temperatures and conditions for camping, fishing, and anything else you choose to do outdoors! If you have been too busy outdoors to catch up on all the latest stories from our montanaoutdoor.com, don’t worry, we have links for you right here!
Top Stories From This Week:
Too Much Fun (by Trevor Johnson of Kits Tackle)…see story here.
Mousing for Trout…see video here.
HUGE Amount of May Flies Emerge from Mississippi River…photos here.
Whitefish Bite Not Looking Good…read Captains Column here.
Hell Creek Walleye Tournament Day One Results…see results here.
July 26th Fishing Summaries
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says Lake Mary Ronan is producing salmon 20-30 ft deep. In the Hamilton area the Bitterroot is getting better and better but be careful out there in the deeper waters.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says area rivers are in good shape.
- Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says Spring Creek is fishing very well.
- Dick Gondiero Jr with Fishing for a Cure says the benefit tournament on August 16th is for a great cause. For more information call 406-599-8092 or go online and register at www.fishingforthecure.com
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says the Tristate Bass Tournament is on until July 27th.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says Ft Peck is doing great, and is preparing for the upcoming Hell Creek Tournament. To book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says Tiber has been windy, but the 91 teams are still plugging away.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman, get on the Gallatin 1st thing in the morning. In Helena, Canyon Ferry Lake trout have been consistently biting especially on the North End..
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing on Canyon Ferry Reservoir is great, and describes a great lure that is used on bottom bouncers. For more info call 406-266-3100.
- Shawn Plakke says he did well last week on the Lower Flathead River on Northern Pike.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Tom Holman and Steve Gallus, both of Butte! Keep listening for your chance to win, just like KJ Lukas of Cygnet, OH who won a Montana Club gift card.