Well the dog days of summer have cooled down this week and hunting season is right around the corner. Us Montanans have managed to avoid another intense fire season this year and evening fishing is heating up! In case you have been outside enjoying Montana outdoors you can catch up right here:
Top Stories From This Week:
Lighting Strikes Can Leave Tree-Like Marks...click here to see photos.
How Moose Quench Their Giant Thirst…see video here.
Wildlife Photos That Will Make You Do a Doubltake…see photos here.
Summer is Winding Down but Fishing is Still Hot!...see Captains column here.
Gun Cabinets Your Wife Will Love – Tactical Cabinet Walls …photos here.
August 23rd Summaries
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says it’s starting time to get geared up for that early archery season. In the Hamilton area The Bitterroot River is fishing really well, and in the Missoula area the Clark Fork & Blackfoot are doing well.
- Brett French Outdoor editor of the Billings Gazette talks weather, area anglers, and discusses this week’s post.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says Flathead Lake has been decent.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says Spring Creek is fishing well.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says fishing has been good out at Tiber Dam, but has reservations about the weather moving into the area.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says walleye fishing is doing well, the water temps are starting to drop. The pike’s are becoming more active in the shallows.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says fishing Hell Creek 30-35 feet has seen success. Anyone looking to book a Fall Hunting trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ron Aashiem says the better weather has been great news for hunters. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says it was raining pretty good lately.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in Bozeman says river fishing is sporadic with the weather and warm water temperatures. InHelena, Canyon Ferry Lake the trout fishing has been pretty solid for area anglers.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says the South end of Canyon Ferry Reservoir can been fished, but the area rain has been pretty pervasive. For more info call 406-266-3100.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says the area rain and weather is impacting local anglers, the Beaverhead is real low and not doing well. But the Big Hole is doing better.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Greg Pocan of Missoula, and Logan Ferda of Highwood! Keep listening for your chance to win just like Ronald LaMotte, who won this weeks Montana Club Gift Card! If you haven’t already liked us on Facebook, be sure to do that right now…no seriously, click here and “like”.