Happy Labor Day Weekend! We have reached the holiday that signifies the end of summer and the beginning of hunting season! We hope you are having a safe holiday weekend, and if the rain or bad weather is keeping you indoors, NOW is the best time to catch up on all the most popular stories from montanaoutdoor.com this week!
Montana Hunter Asking for Help From Montana Land Owners…full story here.
Hunters Come to Rescue of Montana Teen…full story here.
Texas Youth Shoots Hog with Crossbow & Gets a Surprise…full story here.
Fort Peck Water Elevation is on the Rise!…see story here.
Elderly Woman Attacked After Petting What She Thought Was Her Cat…full story here.
Fishing Conditions and Summaries from around Montana:
- -Bill Brown at Bob Wards says it’s time to get geared up for that early archery season. In the Hamilton area The Bitterroot River is just getting better and better for fly fishing. In the Missoula area the Bitterroot, Clark Fork, and Blackfoot are doing well.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says area river fishing has been excellent.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says recently for those trolling Tiber Dam it’s been good.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says the pike have been tremendous!
- Leonard from Roberts Bait and Tackle says on Holter you have to go down about 30ft of water for a catch.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says it’s officially Fall fishing on Ft Peck, but you need to go down 30-35 feet to see any real success. Anyone looking to book a Fall Hunting trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Rob from Ronan Sports and Western says there are great smallmouth bass fishing on the Lower Flathead River.
- Ron Aashiem says the upland game bird season opens Monday September 1st. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in Bozeman the temps are still high so mornings are best on the Lower Madison. In Butte there are some river closures due to drought conditions, and in Helena Canyon Ferry Lake trout fishing has been pretty solid for those hitting on the North side by the dam and Cemetery Island.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says the kokanee are gathering up the mouth of the Tobacco.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says White Sulphur Springs area water is is better then before, and the lakes are doing good mostly in the mornings and evenings.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Rich Nelson of Dillon, and Pat Garner of Harlowton. Keep listening for your chance to win, just like Bob Burtchett of Havre, who was this weeks Montana Club gift card winner!