We have reached the middle of summer in Montana! There have been plenty of great fishing reports and outdoor adventures on www.montanaoutdoor this week. If you have been too busy enjoying the outdoors to catch up online, we have all the best stories and fishing reports for you right here:
Top Stories From This Week
Hiker Uses Bear Spray and Gun on Charging Bear at Glacier National Park...story here.
Crazy Kayaking Down Concrete Drainage Ditch…see video here.
Outdoor Tips: Estimating Daylight…tips here.
Hammer is Rattlin the Bass…story here.
Pack Your Own Raft: Brett French Radio show Preview…here
August 2nd Fishing Summaries
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says Lake Mary Ronan is producing salmon 20-30 ft deep. In the Hamilton area the Bitterroot is hit or miss right now.
- Chancy at Snappy’s say the lake trout action is good off of Dead Man’s point. For more information call snappy’s 406-257-7525.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says pike fishing is doing well in the morning, and for those going from Beaver Creek to Finley.
- Leonard from Roberts Bait and Tackle says Ft Peck is great.
- Linda at Rock Creek Marina says fishing’s picking up.
- Rob from Ronan Sports and Lake Superior Whitefish on Flathead Lake are a bit spotty.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says the tournament was a success.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman get on the Gallatin 1st thing in the morning. In Helena, Canyon Ferry Lake is producing especially in the early mornings, and late evenings.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing on Canyon Ferry Reservoir is doing good. For more info call 406-266-3100.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says the Beaverhead is fishing really well on elk Hair Caddas.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says the kokanee bite has been a bit slow.
Congratulations to trivia winners Jim Olson of Florence, and Chad Powell of Missoula! Keep listening for your chance to win, just like Diane Thomas of Columbia Falls, OH who won a Montana Club gift card this week.