MORS Weekly Wrap Up
Yippee! Hunting season is finally here! Hopefully some of you have made it out for the first days of archery season. If you are just now catching up with us you can listen to last weeks show here. And we have recapped all the top stories from last week with links right here:
Top Five Reasons Bow Hunters Miss Their Shot…story here.
Wardens Investigate Elk Poaching Near Canyon Creek...story here.
Extreme Sports-Verticle Hill Climb…story here.
Nine Year Old Angler Reels In A Whopper…see pics here.
Missouri Breaks Area Travel Update...see conditions here.
September 6th Fishing & Hunting Summaries
- Bill from Rock Creek Marina says the fishing in the Dry Arm been slow for Northerns but did well for bass.
- Brett French Outdoor editor of the Billings Gazette discusses this week’s post, area hunting & fishing.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says things area fishing has been picking up as the weather cools down.
- Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says the mud and high water has finally gone away & Spring Creek is fishing doing well.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says there’s been reports on perch and out at Tiber, and on the lookout for rattlesnakes.
- Darren Newsom and his Mule Deer Conservation at auction in Salt Lake is looking for the best place to fill his tag.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says Noxon Rapids Reservoir is doing well, and there is a Pike tournament going on currently.
- Leonard from Roberts Bait and Tackle says the fishing is pretty fair.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says Ft Peck is great, good luck with the opening of archery season, and to book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ron Aashiem says archery season is open, and to get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in Bozeman on the Gallatin purple haze is working wonders. In Helena, trout have been solid on Canyon Ferry Lake.
- Sauger Steve reports from his tree stand on opening day of archery season.
- Shawn Plakke says he did well last week on the Lower Flathead River on Northern Pike.
Congratulations to Mike Swanson of Butte, Jason Roberts of Stevensville, Kim Blaskowski of Stevensville and Doug Pisk of Glendive, who were all winners on this weeks Montana Outdoor Radio Show!