Bow hunting is in full swing around Montana, and the leaves are starting to turn. It has been a bountiful week for Cap & the crew, one of the hunters in the Burke Ranch Outfitters Hunt bagged an elk, and Colonel Smoothbore
Elk Hunting in Eastern Montana, Captains Column…see who bagged an elk here.
The Captain Found Trout Bite at Holter, Lost it, then Found it Again…See his catch here.
Sharptail Times of Yore…Colonel Smoothbore Recalls his First Hunt…story here
The Cap Digs Up Vintage Fishing Footage…see post here
US Forest Service Looks to Fine Photographers…story here
Here are this weeks fishing summaries:
September 27th Summaries
- Chancy at Snappy’s says snagging for salmon has seen success in the area, but check your regs.
- Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says there’s a lot off fish being caught in the area.
- Cindy Benson reports on Fall Mack Days. For more information go online to www.mackdays.com
- Jim at Westside Sports says fishing on Nelson is good.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says the area elk are really bugling up in the canyons.
- Leonard from Roberts Bait and Tackle says Holter is still producing.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says the weather is starting to clear up in the Ft Peck area and it looks to be good out there. To book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ron Aashiem reminds us the youth water fowl and pheasant hunting opened this weekend. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in Bozeman Nymphs are great on The Lower Madison. In Butte, the Big Hole is producing. And in Helena Canyon Ferry Lake is best up North by the Dam andCemetery Island.
- Shawn Plakke has this week’s Elk Hunting Tip, and a fishing report.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says area bow hunters are seeing some activity, but folks are having to pack in for the best success.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says the salmon snagging has been really good this year.
- Woody from Woody’s Lures in Townsend says The Shields and Yellowstone are producing.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Phillip Ferda and Ronald LaMotte both of Highwood. Keep listening for your change to win, just like Tony Thomas, our Montana Gift Club card winner.