The wall tents are up, the wood smoke is swirling out of the stove pipe and the woods are quiet. Or maybe your rifle is hanging in the back window of your four wheel drive that is gassed up and ready to roll.
With the Montana general hunting season opener starting it’s a great time to be out in the woods. To ensure that hunters maintain a positive image and have an enjoyable experience it’s also a great time to remember our responsibilities to be good stewards of the land and always be ethical sportsmen and women.
Here are the Hunter and Angler Code of Ethics:
Rules of Conduct (http://www.montanawildlife.com/projectsissues/HuntersandAnglersCodeofEthics.htm ):
As a hunter/angler, I pledge to adhere to the following Ten Rules of Conduct:
- Adhere to and Promote Ethical, Fair Chase Hunting and Fishing
- Respect Fish, Wildlife and Natural Environments
- Elevate Fish, Wildlife and Habitat Conservation
- Respect Private Property
- Hunt and Fish Courteously and Safely
- Show Consideration for All Outdoor Users
- Know, Uphold and Advance the Law
- Be Proficient in Outdoor, Hunting and Fishing Skills
- Be Knowledgeable About Fish and Wildlife
- Assist Others in Becoming Ethical Hunters and Anglers
Enjoy your time afield this hunting season and good luck!