The Great Rockies Sportshow in Billings is the largest presentation of fishing, hunting, boats, RVs, travel and outdoor products/services in Montana and Wyoming.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Great Rockies Sportshow returns to Billings in 2015 with more fun and adventure than ever before. This is the 30th anniversary of the show. The annual three day event is the largest presentation of fishing, hunting, boats, RVs, travel and outdoor products in Montana/Wyoming. Not only can visitors buy outdoor-related products they can also book their next vacation to Alaska/Canada/Africa or buy a new boat or RV. Door prizes include free Alaska fishing vacation, log furniture, dutch oven and supplies, hunting and fishing gear and more.
Highlighting the weekend’s entertainment is Great Cats of the World Wildlife Show an educational show featuring a wide variety of large cats from round the world such as ablack panther, Armur Leopard, Oscelot, tiger, plus babies (cervals and leopards). Multiple stage shows each day. There’s also a kids trout pond, Yankee Joe’s Gemstone & Fossil Mine, fly tying lessons courtesy of Magic City Fly Fishers, hunting, fishing and dutch oven seminars, and more.
The first boat and RV show of the season rolls into MetraPark as part of the Great Rockies Sportshow. Meet with factory reps, shop and compare a huge selection of RV’s and boats in one place, saving you time and money.
- Friday 12:00 – 8:00
- Saturday 10:00 – 6:00
- Sunday 10:00 – 4:00
MetraPark Expo Center
308 6th Ave North
Billings, MT 59103
- Admission $6.00 w/$1.00 off coupon (available on website, FaceBook), $7.00 without. Juniors 6-12 $3.00, children 5 & under admitted free.
- Admission is good all weekend so if you get your hand stamped you can return everyday.
What to See & Do:
- *Book your next vacation to Alaska, Canada, Africa, New Zealand or the Western U.S.!
- *Buy a new BOAT or RV – lots of dealers and factory reps at the show!
- *NEW! Great Cats of the World Wildlife Show. Multiple shows daily.
- Yankee Joe’s Gemstone & Fossil Mining … Strike it rich! Mine for gems and fossils and keep what you find!
- *NEW! Alaska Fishing Vacation door prize, courtesy Island Lake Lodge.
- Big Buck Contest with Cabela’s prizes up to $50 in multiple categories
- First 100 people in the door Saturday receive a cool prize courtesy of Cabela’s
- Cabela’s BB Gun Shooting Range for children
- *NEW! Outdoor Writer’s Association National Photo Contest Winning Entries Exhibit
- NFL Games on Big Screen TV – Sponsored by Wally World Satellite
- Kids Trout Pond – has been a regular feature but this year four fish are tagged. Catch one of the ten and win a prize!
- Dutch Oven Cooking Seminar by Colleen Sloan
Popular regular features:
- Kids Trout Pond
- Wall of Fish
- Fly Tying Theater sponsored by Magic City Fly Fishers
- U.S. Forest Service Low Impact Camping Display
- Fishing & Hunting Seminars
- Kids Corner – sponsored by Montana Trappers Association
- Plus a world of Outdoor Products and Services available such as:
- *Hunting and fishing guides and outfitters
- *Fishing tackle and products
- *Travel, vacations
- *Outdoor Art
- * Taxidermy
- *RVs, campers
- and so much more…
(Release via Bill Reier Jr.- Great Rockies Sportshow)