When you or a fishing friend catch a photo-worthy fish you may want to consider a few things…
1) Don’t block any part of the fish with your own body parts.
2) Keep the sun at the photographers back.
3) Avoid dark shadows especially on the anglers eyes.
4) Fish with dirt on them is bad. Bloody fish are a close second
5) Hold the fish broad side.
6) Get Close.
7) Smile and take off your sunglasses.
8) Don’t have an ugly Backdrop like a truck, 400 people, or a house.
9) Get Action Shots!
10) A down-turned eye is a sure sign of a healthy fish. Don’t try to fake it…it won’t work.
The difference between a good photo and a bad photo is about 5 seconds of forethought and execution. Take five seconds and take the best fishing photos you can – It keeps vivid memories vivid!