Three-Ingredient Cheesy Bacon Venison Burger
All of this warm weather has many people firing up their grills and soaking up the sunshine Mother Nature is spoiling us with… Kickstart your grilling season today with this THREE-INGREDIENT cheesy bacon venison burger recipe from madamedeals.com. It is quick, easy and DELICIOUS!!! You can even make sliders!
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 ground venison
- optional: 1 package Birdseye onions and garlic or 1 fresh onion and 2 cloves of garlic
- Chop the onions and garlic. These vegetables can be eliminated but they not only add flavor but moisture to the meat.
- Shred the cheese.
- Cook and then crumble the bacon.
- Mix all ingredients together. Fill free to add more of the ingredients prefer but note that you need the mixture to hold together well and not be overly dry or wet to form the burger patties.
- Form patties.
- Broil, flip when browned. When flip side is browned, cut into one to ensure it is cooked but do not overcook!
- Optional variations: Try with your favorite cheese. Low fat cheeses are not recommended due to the need for the fat to moisten the venison and keep it tender. If you like spices try adding some chopped jalapenos! Once I used very little bacon and added the onions, another time I used no onions and more bacon. Remember venison can dry out and you are adding moisture as well as fat!