Angling Restrictions Lifted on Beaverhead, Big Hole & Jefferson
Longer nights, cooler air temperatures and some much needed rain have brought down the water temperature of several southwest Montana river systems. Therefore, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks has lifted the angling restrictions on the Beaverhead, Big Hole, and Jefferson rivers effective Thursday, July 30, 2015.
The following stretches of Region 3 rivers remain closed to fishing from 2 p.m. to midnight daily:
- Ruby River from Duncan District Road to confluence with the Beaverhead River;
- Shields River from its mouth upstream to its confluence with Smith Creek;
- Lower Madison River from Ennis Dam to the Missouri River Headwaters;
- Lower Gallatin River from its confluence with the Madison River at Three Forks upstream to Sheds Bridge (Hwy 84) near Four Corners;
- East Gallatin River from its origin (at the confluence of Rocky Creek and Bear Creek) to its confluence with the West Gallatin River
FWP continues to monitor rivers closely and may reinstitute closures or open the stretches above should conditions change.
For up-to-date information on drought-related restrictions, visit http://fwp.mt.gov/news/restrictions/.
(Report via FWP)