Montana’s Fish & Wildlife Commission will meet Dec. 10 in Helena at Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Montana WILD Education Center, 2668 Broadwater Ave.
At the meeting, which will begin at 8:30 a.m., commissioners will make final decisions on rules for commercial bait seining waters; a new regulation for mandatory harvest and reporting of walleye caught in Swan Lake, Swan River and its tributaries to combat a suspected criminal dumping of the predatory fish there; and a conservation easement in the Haskill Basin near Whitefish.
Proposals to consider for public comment include the quota range for the Helena urban deer management plan; commercial fishing regulations for Canyon Ferry Reservoir and Lake Helena, near Helena; and recreation rules on the Beaverhead and Big Hole rivers.
Commissioners will also hear proposals on most 2016-2017 general hunting season regulations and related issues, including:
- deer, elk and antelope seasons, quota ranges, hunting district boundaries
- moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat seasons, quota ranges and hunting district boundaries
- black bear seasons, quota ranges and hunting district boundaries
- mountain lion seasons and hunting district boundaries
- bison hunting seasons and hunting district boundaries
- upland game bird hunting seasons, quotas and hunting district boundaries,
- migratory bird hunting seasons
- game damage quotas and management season quotas
- hunting season dates
FWP also will seek the commission’s endorsement to pursue two land matters including a lease agreement on an existing Blackfoot River fishing access site and a new fishing access site on Bynum Reservoir north of Choteau.
For the full agenda and additional information, visit FWP’s website at fwp.mt.gov. Click “Commission Links“.
FWP ensures its meetings are accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements contact FWP at 406-444-3186.
The FWP website will offer live streamed audio of the meeting. The public may view a live television feed of the meeting at any FWP regional headquarters.