Patriotic Salsa Recipe In Time for the 4th of July Weekend!
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons honey, start with 2 and add more if needed
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the salsa:
- ¾ cups diced jicama
- ½ cup finely diced white onion*
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Stir well till combined. Set aside.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of the chopped cilantro.
- Just before serving, combine all salsa ingredients (except reserved cilantro) in a medium size bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently to combine. Sprinkle with a bit of the reserved cilantro and serve.