Fire Restrictions at FWP Properties in Park County
By Toby Trigger
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks’ properties in Park County are now under Stage 1 fire restrictions.
The restrictions apply specifically to all 22 FWP fishing access sites in the county and Dome Mountain Wildlife Management Area near Emigrant. There are no State Parks in Park County.
In those areas mentioned above, the following acts are prohibited until further notice:
- Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire. (Note exemptions below)
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted.
Individuals may be fined up to $5,000 or imprisoned up to 6 months for violating the noted fire restrictions.
For updates on restrictions and closures around the state, go to: http://fwp.mt.gov/news/restrictions/droughtDetails.html.