Elk Burger with Sweet Potato Home Fries & Eggs!
If you found success archery hunting elk this season, then you’re about to have a freezer full of delicious elk meat! We found an AWESOME recipe that can be used for breakfast, lunch AND dinner!!! Leave out the bun and eat the elk patty with a fried egg and turn your sweet potato home fries into a tasty breakfast. Turn your elk patty into a burger with all the fixings (including avocado!) and include a fried egg on top with traditional fries on the side for a hearty lunch. Make scrambled eggs and mix the three together and chop it up for a casserole-style dinner and roll your eyes to the flavor of awesomeness! The best part? IT’S SO SIMPLE TO MAKE!!!
Here is the whole, mouth-watering meal recipe from Nevada Foodies:
- 1 pound ground elk (burger or sausage)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 4-6 eggs (cooked your favorite way)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Add elk to cast iron skillet and cook until browned. Remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to cast iron skillet and proceed to sauté chopped onion and bell pepper until soft and translucent. Add cubed sweet potatoes and continue to cook until soft, approximately 10 minutes. Add cooked elk burger to potatoes, onion and bell pepper. Stir and cook on low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook your eggs any way you like them. My favorite way is to scramble the eggs and add directly into the elk and potatoes, but some like their eggs scrambled and on the side. It’s best to make them any way you want too. This is a great dish for cooking out while camping. Throw it in a tortilla and make it a breakfast burrito. Yum.