50 Antelope Dead After Consuming Toxic Plant
A large heard of about 50 pronghorn antelope are dead after eating a poisonous bush named Japanese yew. The antelope were found dead and scattered outside of Payette, Idaho as seen in the photo. A few were sent to the lab and were said to be in good body condition, but all had congested lungs and kidneys and all had bits of the Japanese yew plant in their esophagus. The shrub is very common in urban areas. With the harsh winter we have had, the wildlife is being pushed into uncommon suburban neighborhoods for food.
Read the whole Field and Stream article here.