March 4, 2017 – Three days of summer fun …. in March? That’s what’s happening at the Adams Center in Missoula. The Great Rockies Sportshow, presented by Montana Toyota dealers, returns to Missoula with more fun and adventure than ever before. The 5th annual three-day event is a large presentation of fishing, hunting, boats, RVs, travel and outdoor products. Not only can visitors buy outdoor-related products they can also book their next vacation to Alaska/Canada/Africa/New Zealand/Rocky Mountain West or buy a new boat or RV.
Learning is a fun part of the show and seminars are going on all day long. LOTS of seminars including,
– Ice Out Fishing In Montana by Father/Son duo Kit & Trevor Johnson of Kit’s Tackle, – – Cooking with Freeze Dried Foods with Amber Heatth of Thrive Life,
– Predator Calling by Bruce Hancock,
– 20 Tips for Better Outdoor Photos, with Arnie Gidlow,
– How Weather Fronts Influence the Vocals of the Rut – Dan Kloer,
– Packing the Decker Saddle the Traditional Way, by Casey Burns. Nine Mile Ranger Station,
– Fly Fishing the Big Three: BWO, Trico’s & PMDs with Arnie Gidlow
Flyfishing has a big following in Montana and that’s why the Fly tying Theater is popular. Sponsored by Chuck Stranahan’s Flies & Guides, the seminars feature a wide variety of fly tyers and demonstrations;
– Arnie Gidlow – Tying With Hair
– Chuck Stranahan – The Brindle ‘Chute (and Other Hot Flies)
– Russ Laughlin – Easy & Effective Nymphs
– Arnie Gidlow – Tying With Parachutes
– Tony Reinhardt – A Guide’s Flies for Western MT Rivers
– Chuck Stranahan – Tips & Techniques for Every Tyer
– Tony Reinhardt – Tying Proven Foam Flies
– Ron Falk – Deadly Flies With The Dubbing Brush Tool
– Special Youth Program: Scott McClendon – Fun With Fly Tying: Classic Patterns
All kids and teenagers are admitted FREE with a paid adult and kids activities include the popular KIDS TROUT POND provides kids 12 and under with the opportunity to catch and release live trout.
Back again is the GEMSTONE & FOSSIL MINE where a person can go mining for real gemstones and fossils. Everyone gets to keep and take home their gemstones and fossils.
$50 gift cards are being given away all weekend long during as part of the Great Toyota Gear Giveaway. Register at the Montana Toyota Dealers exhibit for your chance to win $50 worth of outdoor gear from Cabela’s or Sportsmans Warehouse!
Seminar times can be found online at http://www.GreatRockiesShow.com
March 10-12, 2017
Friday 5:00 – 9:00
Saturday 10:00 – 6:00
Sunday 10:00 – 4:00
University of Montana Adams Center
32 Camus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812
Admission $5.00. Children 0-17 admitted FREE with paid adult.
What to See & Do:
– Book your next vacation to Alaska, Canada, Africa, New Zealand or the Western U.S.!
– Buy a new BOAT or RV
– Gemstone & Fossil Mine. Mine for gems and fossils and keep what you find!
– Alaska Fishing Vacations
– NEW! Outdoor Writer’s Association National Photo Contest Winning Entries Exhibit
– Kids Trout Pond
– Wall of Fish
– Fishing & Hunting Seminars
– Kids Corner – sponsored by Montana Trappers Association
– BB Gun Shooting Range courtesy RMEF
Plus a world of Outdoor Products and Services available such as:
*Hunting and fishing guides and outfitters
* and so much more…