Montana State Parks (stateparks.mt.gov) is seeking diversified trail users to serve on two different citizens advisory committees. The Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee (OHVAC) advises the agency on the distribution of approximately $110,000 in annual Off-Highway Vehicle Program funds and other education programs. The State Trails Advisory Committee (STAC) advises the agency on the expenditure of about $1.5 million of federal Recreational Trails Program funds annually, and provides recommendations and solutions regarding trail-related projects and concerns.
Montana State Parks is seeking one new Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee (OHVAC) member for a three-year term and four new State Trails Advisory Committee (STAC) members for three-year terms. The terms will begin September 1, 2017.
Volunteers serve three-year terms and meet for one-two days, two to three times per year. Members are reimbursed for travel expenses. The State Trails Advisory Committee is made up of 8-10 committee members; the Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee is made up of 5 members.
To apply for consideration for either committee, send a letter or email of interest that includes the following:
1) Your name, address, telephone number and email address if available.
2) A description of the types of trail activities in which you participate and how often, keeping in mind that we are seeking individuals with broad recreational trail backgrounds and interests.
3) Your involvement with trail projects and programs.
4) The names of trail organizations to which you belong.
5) Other talents and experience you would bring to the committee.
6) Your philosophy and perspectives regarding recreational trails use.
7) Specify which committee you would like to serve on.
Applications may be mailed to: Trails Advisory Committees, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, PO Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701 or send STAC-related email to: email@example.com and OHVAC-related email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., June 30, 2017. If you have questions, contact Beth Shumate at 406-444-4585, or email email@example.com or Erin Proctor at 406-444-7642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Montana State Parks (stateparks.mt.gov) and enjoy camping, hiking, fishing, swimming, boating and more and discover some of the greatest natural and cultural treasures on earth.
A division of Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
Recreational Trails Program Manager,
Montana State Parks
Off-Highway Vehicle Program Manager,
Montana State Parks