Apply Until June 29 for Marias River WMA Deer Hunt
Deer hunters, who want to hunt the Marias River Wildlife Management Area southwest of Shelby in Hunting District 406, have until June 29 to submit their application.
Applicants must put in for a specific archery period or a general rifle season period. There are three archery periods each lasting two weeks, from Sept. 1 through Oct. 14. The three general season periods run one week each, from Oct. 20 through Nov. 11.
A random drawing will take place for:
2018 Archery Season – Deer Hunting Periods
- 10 archers for the first 2 weeks (Sept 1 – Sept 15)
- 10 archers for the 3rd and 4th weeks (Sept 16 – Sept 29)
- 10 archery hunters for 5th and 6th weeks (Sept 30 – Oct 14)
2018 General Season – Deer Hunting Periods
- 10 rifle hunters for the 1st week (Oct 20 – Oct 26)
- 10 rifle hunters for the 2nd week (Oct 27 – Nov 2)
- 10 rifle hunters for the 3rd and final week (Nov 3 – Nov 11)
Public hunting access for all other species is open on the Marias River WMA. Hunters can submit applications until 5 p.m., June 29. All drawing applications must be submitted online either on the FWP website or at any FWP regional or area office.
Points to remember:
- 3 archery hunt periods, each approximately 2 weeks in length
- 10 archery season hunters per period
- 3 general season (rifle) hunt periods, each 7-9 days in length
- 10 general hunting season (rifle) hunters per period
- Hunters may apply for a single hunt period only.
- No party applications accepted.
- Hunt periods are not transferable.
- Hunters may apply only once.
- Application must be made electronically (fwp.mt.gov) beginning 8 a.m., June 1, 2018. Persons may make electronic application at FWP Regional offices.
- Application deadline is 5 p.m., June 29, 2018 (applications must be received by 5 p.m.).
- Hunters must include their full name, address, phone number, email address, ALS number and desired hunt period (applicant may choose only one) on the application.
- Incomplete applications will be removed from the drawing.
- Drawing will take place after June 29.
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email only with hunt access information and authorized permission prior to the start of the archery season.
- Successful applicants may use any deer license valid in Hunting District 406.
- All hunting will conform to the existing FW Commission-established season structure in HD 406.
(via MT FWP; feature photo via TripAdvisor)