High Water Forces Closure of Six More Fishing Access Sites near Great Falls
Recent flooding on the Missouri River and tributaries near Great Falls has led Fish, Wildlife and Parks to announce emergency closure of six additional fishing access sites.
FWP announced June 21 the closure of the following FAS:
- Willow Creek Reservoir, on the Rocky Mountain Front, west of Augusta,
- Big Bend, on the Missouri River, south of Great Falls
- Cottonwood Grove, on the Missouri River, south of Great Falls,
- Ulm Bridge, on the Missouri River, south of Great Falls
- Truly Bridge, on the Smith River near Ulm
- Largent’s Bend, on the Sun River near Vaughn.
All the sites are in Cascade County except Willow Creek Reservoir, which is in Lewis and Clark County.
The sites have been gated and will remain closed until the flood waters recede, the area can be cleaned up and is deemed safe for recreation.
For further information regarding the closures, including where the public can submit comments, go to FWP’s website (http://fwp.mt.gov/news/publicNotices/rules/).
(Via MT FWP)