Three days of summer fun in January? That’s what’s happening in Bozeman. The Great Rockies Sportshow returns in 2019 with more fun and adventure than ever before. The annual three-day event is the largest presentation of fishing, hunting, travel and outdoor products in Southwest Montana. Not only can visitors buy outdoor-related products they can also book their next vacation to Alaska, Canada or Africa. Door prizes all weekend long.
Highlighting the weekend’s entertainment is live music by the Ruby Valley Boys on Saturday and Sunday.
More fun kids activities include the Kids catch and release Trout Pond, Yankee Joe’s Gemstone & Fossil Mining, Kids Corner, courtesy of Montana Trappers Association (kids corner, trackID/stamping, color/activity book giveaway, hands on pelt display).
Learning is a fun part of the show and seminars are going on all day long. Seminars include
The Secrets of Sucessful Wildlife Photography
by Nick Fucci
Friday: 3:00, Saturday: 12:00 Sunday: 11:00
Attendees will be introduced to the four key elements needed to capture outstanding wildlife images; Skill, Knowledge, Preparation and Luck of which Nick will go into detail on each. At the end of the lecture Nick will show a selection of images to get you inspired.
Do-It-Yourself Butchering plus The Art of Cooking Vension
by Chef Albert Wutsch
- The Art of Backyard Butchering – A Hunter’s Approach From a Chef’s Perspective -Learn how easy it is to fabricate your own deer while saving lots of money doing it yourself. Chef Wutsch will discuss breaking down a leg into primal cuts and will demonstrate the fabrication of a hind leg. Learn to get quality wholesome meat to your cutting board and into the pan. Chef Wutsch will discuss factors in the field that will determine taste and tenderness on the plate. Emphasis will be placed on matching the correct cooking method with each muscle. The object of this presentation is to demonstrate the ease in quality preparation. Bring lots of questions, you won’t be disappointed!
Saturday 11:30 Break Down Hind Leg Into Muscles
2:30 Break Down Hind Leg Muscles Into Steaks, Chops, Medallions, Strips, Stew, etc
- The Art of Cooking Venison –Chef Wutsch will demonstrate methods and techniques used by the professionals to keep your game tasty and tender. Topics will include field care, fabrication, butchering, storage and preparation on the cutting board and in the pan. Emphasis will be placed on matching the correct cooking method with each muscle. The object of this presentation is to demonstrate the ease in quality preparation.
Friday: 1:30 The Art of Cooking Venison/AuPoivre
Saturday: 4:30 Venison Pepper Pot Stew, AuPoivre
Sunday: 11:30 Venison Pepper Pot Stew & Venison Au Poivre
2:30 Venison Au Poivre
Learning Elk Language as the Rut Changes
by Dan Kloer
Friday: 2:00, Saturday: 11:00, Sunday: 12:00
Cranking Walleyes Under the Big Sky
by Scott Collingsworth
Friday 4:00, Saturday 1:00, Sunday 1:00
Attendees will learn bait selection for time of year and changing weather patterns. Rod and reel selection along with the difference between trolling with mono and lead core. Also how to use planer boards to help cover more of the water column to find active fish. There will also be many tips in there on what has made us so successful catching walleyes on cranks in our great state.
Jigging Montana Walleyes
By Jason Mundell
Friday 1:00, Saturday 3:00, Sunday 2:00
Attendees will learn jig selection and presentation. Rod and line selection and many tips and tricks that have made Jason so successful over the years tournament fishing.
Flyfishing the Big Three – BWO’s Trico’s and PMD’s
By Arnie Gidlow
Friday: 5:00, Saturday: 2:00 Sunday: 3:00
Ice Fishing is the Coolest
By Montana Grant
Dutch Oven Cooking Done Four Easy Ways
By Colleen Sloan
Friday 3:30, Saturday 1:30, Sunday 1:30
Fly Tying seminars will be held all weekend long at the Fly Tying Theater.
Seminar times can be found online at http://www.GreatRockiesShow.com
January 11, 12, 13, 2019
Friday 12:00 – 7:00
Saturday 10:00 – 6:00
Sunday 10:00 – 4:00
Gallatin County Fairgrounds
901 N Black
Bozeman, MT 59715
FREE! For kids 16 & under (with paying adult),
Regular price is $5.00
What to See & Do:
– Book your next vacation to Alaska, Canada, Africa
*NEW! LIVE music on Saturday Sunday by the Ruby Valley Boys.
– Yankee Joe’s Gemstone & Fossil Mine. Mine for gems and fossils and keep what you find!
– Outdoor Writer’s Association National Photo Contest Winning Entries Exhibit
– Kids Trout Pond
– Wall of Fish
– Fly Tying Theater
– Fishing & Hunting Seminars
– Kids Corner – sponsored by Montana Trappers Association
Plus a world of Outdoor Products and Services available such as:
*Hunting and fishing guides and outfitters
*Fishing tackle and products
*Pop Up truck campers
* and so much more…