There are many types of licenses and permits available through Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks (FWP). FWP issues licenses and permits for everything from hunting and fishing to recreation and commercial use. These same licenses and permits can be found in other areas on our site, too (for example, hunting licenses are also under the Hunting area of the site). This area is a listing of ALL licenses and permits available through FWP.
- Fishing —A valid fishing license is required for all types of fishing on state waters. [Learn more]
- Hunting —Most of Montana’s major hunting and fishing licenses, including resident conservation licenses, are also available online at FWP’s Online Licensing Service. [Learn more]
- Fish & Wildlife—Find license and permit information for Ponds & Streams, Commercial Fish & Wildlife, Scientific Fish & Wildlife, and Wildlife Possession.
- Commercial Use on FWP Lands —Permits are required for recreation on some rivers, commercial use on any FWP land. [Learn more]
- Recreation —Permits are required for a variety of recreational activities, whether on FWP lands or not. [Learn more]
- Vehicle/Vessel Registration —The registration process for snowmobiles, OHVs, and boats varies depending on whether or not you are a Montana resident. [Learn more]
- Memorials —For more information, contact the Regional Parks Manager in the regional FWP office that oversees the site where you wish to place a memorial or monument. [Learn more]