- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless trout fillets, skin removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, optional
In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add the milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheeses and garlic powder.
Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Prep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours * Yield: 6 Servings
(Originally published as Trout Chowder in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p37)