This article “Montana bucket list: 100 things every Montanan should do,” has been circulating the Internet the past couple of weeks. It was written by Great Falls Tribune staff writer Kristen Inbody, and seems to include just about any activity I could think of enjoying in our large state. I have lived in Montana my whole life and still have quite a few things to check off the list, but here are the top ten I have been able to enjoy. I tried to include as many of my photos from my adventures as possible:
11. Watch snow goose and tundra swans take off from Freezout Lake between Choteau and Fairfield during spring migration
19. Explore the Lewis and Clark Caverns near Whitehall.
25. Drive into the Elkhorn Mountains near Boulder to see Elkhorn Ghost Town. Don’t miss the cemetery.
28. Skydive at Lost Prairie near Kalispell.
35. Take in the view from a fire lookout.
78. Indulge your sweet tooth at the Sweet Palace in Philipsburg.
70. Spend the night at a historic Glacier National Park lodge or chalet.
79. Dine and dip at Chico Hot Springs just north of Yellowstone National Park.
95. Wander through the Daly Mansion and arboretum in Hamilton.
99. Look at the colors of the Berkeley Pit in Butte from the observation tunnel or above the city at the Our Lady of the Rockies statue.
Looks like I have my work cut out for me! The full 100 things every Montanan should do can be found on Great Falls Tribune Website here.